Day in the Life of a Chronic Pain Warrior

Guys! April was a crazy month and it's already spilling into the beginning of May. If it could go wrong it did. I'm not a fan of weeks of disappointment and failure, especially when some of it is my fault, to begin with. I feel like I'm constantly putting out fires.

However, I'm making a concerted effort to get back on track. As promised back at the beginning of April, here is what I do on a daily basis to manage my pain. If you haven't seen 6 Steps to Have Pain Free Days, check out that post first.
If you shop through any of my links in this post, you help support this blog at zero cost to you. Thank you for your support.

Day in the Life of a Chronic Pain Warrior

First, I start off my day with The Miracle Morning.

The Miracle Morning is a lifestyle program developed by Hal Elrod. Check out my post here and here for more information.

Basically, it is completing a set of tasks with the acronym S.A.V.E.R.S.

Scribing (Journaling)

My alarm goes off usually at 6:30. I get up and put out Luke Dogwalker, our newest family member, and feed him. I then take my pre-breakfast supplements and medications. More on that to come...

Then I head back to the bathroom to dry brush my body, take my zero THC CBC oil (given to me by my pain doctor), wash and moisturize face, brush teeth, and I down 12-16 oz of water.
Then I either take Luke for a 30 minute walk or do 30 minutes of yoga if #leohusband is walking him that morning, but lately, I've been doing both which has my glutes in an uproar.

So my E from The Miracle Morning's Life S.A.V.E.R.S. is complete.

I then meditate, using the Headspace app, do my affirmations (which are now saying I love my life), visualize something I want to accomplish without pain (like bending over to wash my face or our up and coming trip to Europe).

Now my S.A.V. is complete.

I then make breakfast. Two free range eggs and bacon with green beans or riced cauliflower and a tea. I do the last two S.A.V.E.R.S., R and S, while eating breakfast because of my stage three adrenal fatigue. I can't go too long without food in the morning or it further stresses my adrenal glands.

Then I play a bit with Luke and jump in the shower where I lightly Fasciablast my quads, hamstrings, hips, and glutes.

When I'm done with my shower. I have a little me time and crash on the couch with ice bags on the areas that have nerve pain and to rest up to keep my adrenals in balance.


I usually write a blog post, work ahead in my bullet journal, read, or catch up on a TV show.

I spend some snuggle and play time with the aforementioned doggy and then eat some lunch. Usually, paleo leftovers from the night before or a quick and easy salad or wrap with 24oz of water.

Lunchtime depends on the day.

One of my awesomest friends, Rebekah Svensson and I are starting a podcast in June, called Chronic Warrior Women.

If it's a podcast recording day I do that with my awesome co-host Rebekah Svensson.
If I'm feeling drained it's a nap.
If I'm feeling crafty, I sew to keep moving.
Maybe it's the day I'm getting dry needled, because I do this once a week, twice if I'm having pain flares.
Maybe it's the day I'm seeing my chiropractor...
I have a snack around 2-3 which is usually an apple and raw almonds and a cup of green tea.

I set out ingredients for that night's meal and then do some work around the house.

I start cooking at 5/5:30, we eat at 6, then walk our doggo together after dinner.

I start getting ready for bed at around 8:30/9.

Night time routine is as follows: an Epsom salt bath, hanging upside down on my inversion table while doing 4, 7, 8 breathing, and then reading until lights out.

I do this *almost every day. I may take off a day or two during the week if I have excessive physical activities. For instance, when we brought Luke home from the foster mom's house he had a pretty severe flea infestation. So I used my physical energy last week to stay on top of cleaning my house every day. That combined with zero sleep with a new doggy, last week was shot for me. However, I got my first full night's sleep last night in over a week, so hopefully, I'll be bouncing back soon.